How to fix a few things
Always use the setting ECO 50, it is the one that works well regularly.
White residue on dishes
If the dishes and/or dishwasher begin to get a white residue which can be removed by rubbing a finger on them, then there are overly high levels of calcium in the water. This can have two causes, and sometimes combined:
- Rinse aid – brillantante per lavastoviglie
Should be some in the plastic container under the kitchen sink, but if not you will find it at the supermarket. Refill by opening the small lid in the dishwasher door and poor in the liquid.
- Dishwasher salt – sale per lavastovigli
Again, should be some under the kitchen sink, but if not, you can buy at the supermarket. To refill:
- Unscrew the round lid in the bottom of the machine on the left side
- Pour in the whole packet or until the compartment is full
- Screw the roung lid back on
The pool will be cleaned before you come and after you leave, but for a fresh swim during your stay, here are a few tips.
- Cover the pool during night
- Remove leaves and bugs from the surface and from the water outlet (the two openings on the end of the pool closest to the pool house)
- Check the chlorine level. If the bottom feels slightly too slippery, there is too little chlorine in the water.
If you run out of gas, you will need to switch the gas tank. The tank is on the terrace in front of the house. There should be a full tank, standing next to the one which is connected. Change the hose from the empty tank to the full tank. The gas tank to the outdoor kitchen is under the kitchen to the right, close to the wall.
Keep the house cool in the summer
See the separate article: Keeping the House Cool
Keep yourself cool in the heat
Perhaps seen as obvious, but worth a read:
- Wake up early so you can enjoy the cooler morning weather, take a siesta between 13-16 and stay awake later into the night.
- Drink a lot of cold water. Drink an extra glass before you go to bed.
- Bathe in the pool often. Stay in long enough to really cool the body down – this way the cooling effect will last longer after you exit.
- Take a long swim in the pool in the late evening before you go to bed.
The network does not show up for connection
Make sure the white router is connected to power and turned on. There should be green lights on the router.
Can connect, but no internet
Make sure that the incoming internet cord is properly connected into one of the ”ports” on the back side of the router.